Labor Day has come and went and with that, school is in session. I don’t know about you, but I have always loved school, especially school supplies. There’s just something about a new notebook with no notes and a set of fresh pens that make it seem like anything is possible! Unfortunately for me, it has been a hot minute since I’ve had to buy school supplies (when I was in college no one had Iphones, does that date me? Lol). BUT with the changing seasons, I still to get to experience that shift in mentality; that a new season opens up new opportunity and a fresh take. And I find that with any change, it’s always best to be prepared. Luckily, Change Co. has you covered! AND we have helpfully condensed all the reasons every college girl should get the Fall Box into a handy list.
- The BRANDED cuff will go with every outfit making sure that you always look put together even on those days you wear sweats to class/put some dry shampoo in your hair and call it a day. People will give you compliments and ask you about it. Then you’ll get to tell them the incredibly powerful story about how a survivor of human trafficking took back the brand that their trafficker put on them and are fiercely living their life in freedom.
- Is your dorm room smelling like stale ramen? Don’t worry. The Pumpkin Chai candle from Brighten Endeavors will clear that right up and transport you to a land of colorful leaves and spice. You can also take a peek at the bottom and see where a single mother in Chicago got to put her name on something she made helping her learn valuable skills for the workforce.
- Those days where you have to walk from one end of campus to the other can be brutal when the weather is cold. Luckily, you have the Brix beanie from Krochet Kids to keep you toasty and stylish while making the trek to class. It’s a great wine color that practically goes with anything and is incredibly soft. PLUS the beanie is creating jobs and fighting poverty by creating opportunity for women in Uganda and Peru.
- College is a busy and stressful time. It seems like every minute of every day is planned with class, work, internships, friends, S/O’s, homework, etc. (wooo, just writing that list made me tired). To keep up with all of the demands, energy drinks and coffee become our best friends. But what if we changed it up? What if we took some time to unwind and take care of ourselves? Roobios tea can help you with that. Rooibos is an herbal tea that is very high in anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins. It does not contain caffeine and has low tannin levels compared to black and green tea. The packs of MyRedTea that are in the Fall Box are organic, sustainably harvested, and give back to education in the local farming communities. Taking a moment to remember that it will all be okay and helping local communities in South Africa? We’d say #winning.
- Your college years can be filled with more travel than a gyspy in Europe. It’s always good to have travel sized toiletries on hand and ready to go when you need to hop on a plane to change the world on fall break! The body wash in the Fall Box from Plaine Products is perfect for travel. It has a vanilla, rosemary, and mint scent that will make you feel like you’re in a spa! AND Plaine Products is on a mission to help reduce single use plastic. Your body wash comes in a recyclable and reusable aluminum container. Plaine Products also partners with various non-profits to spread the mission of using less plastic in the world.
- These days more and more college students are using their laptops to take notes. But did you know that there have been several studies that show taking notes with an old fashioned pen and paper actually helps you remember the information better? “But Lydia and Meredith, I don’t have a notebook”, you say. Well. We got you covered. In the Fall Box, you will find the *exclusively designed for Change Co.* DOT journal. This journal features the inspirational message of ‘You Can’ on the cover as a friendly reminder that you got this. The journal has also provided 75 days of school for students in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Look at all that good! So take out your pen and get to writing all the ways that you plan on making the world a better place during your four years!
- The Fall Box is filled with amazing products and missions, but it doesn’t stop there. At the end of the season, we will be donating 10% of our profits to Girl Up, a United Nations Foundation. Every girl deserves an education and a place to feel safe. There are millions of girls around the world that dream of going to school, let alone college and Girl Up is focused on helping the hardest to reach girls living in places where it is hardest to be a girl.
Ladies, go out there and get your Fall Box! Start your semester on the right foot, feel empowered and empower others! Change starts with you. :)
The first 30 subscribers get FREE SHIPPING with code 30FREE!